Here is what is new in Overgrowth in this weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Apple's WWDC is over and we got back from a weekend in Sierra City. David is working hard on the fighting system, and this alpha contains the first serious prototype, complete with blocking, grabbing, counters, and punching. Phillip also has added a few more mapping features and has gotten it relatively stable again. We will have some videos and more details about the fighting system soon.
I don't have much more to say, so here is a picture of my parents' new puppy, Sulfie, in a wheelbarrow.
Here are a few highlights from the source repository:
- Added first fighting prototype (power strikes, quick strikes, dodging, countering, throwing)
- Undo / redo is back for transformations
- Grouping is mostly back
- Decal object missing tool added (select a decal, hold o, and click an object hit by the decal)
- Simple paintbrush is back
- Added timer to control scrolling
- Bug fixes