Here is the new Overgrowth Beta video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our beta (such as the one in the video), and chat with other people in early access in the Secret Preorder Forum by purchasing Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow us on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows:
- Added Steam Workshop support (initially invite only)
- Added new campaign/level/item pack mods types so modders no longer have to hack menus to make it easy for players to use them
- Added back the Arena, Versus, and Project 60 prototypes as mods. You can enable them in the mods menu
- Made water slow down characters and drown the player if head is under water too long
- Updated walk and run animations, and gave distinct voices for non-rabbit species
- Added ability to skip dialog by hitting enter
- Made it easier to set enemies on fire
- Made enemies in groups less likely to catch knives
- Made spear always stick into target when thrown
- Made dogs now throw weapons
- Added options for changing game speed and enemy difficulty (experimental)
- Added an experimental collision painting option (old collision preserved if you don’t use it)
- Added "frame selected" feature to editor ("F" key), to focus on selected objects
- Added “teleport to selected” feature to editor (Shift + “F” key)
- Added editor/player camera FOV controls when in editor mode (+, -, and 0 keys)
- Improved freeze button so that you can move the camera while game is frozen and moved freeze button to its own key (`)
- Improved object selection when using object groups
- Visual overhaul for main menu, pause menu, settings menu, and mods menu
- Added splash effects and screen space reflections support to water
- Added heat distortion and lighting shader effects to magma arena, and fixed obvious tiling of lava
- Added back terrain edge fade effect
- Improved performance when full shadows are enabled (when “simple shadows” is not enabled)
- Improvements to level loading performance
- Fixed “Error 0:71: ';' : syntax error” crash on some "Intel HD Graphics" GPUs
- Fixed vignette effect when simple shadows are enabled
- Fixed problem where enemies sometimes fell out of arena levels causing the level to be unbeatable
- Fixed some causes of sound/music not working after a while
- And many more…
Note for people with ATI GPUs: If your character suddenly starts disappearing, try enabling "GPU Skinning". To do this, return to the main menu, click "Settings" on the bar at the top, and check the "GPU Skinning" box. We already have a fix for this, and plan to hot-fix this soon.
These are just a few of the changes in this beta; you can find the full change log here.
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by purchasing an early access copy of Overgrowth!