January 28th, 2013
Here are the major changes for Overgrowth alpha 196:
- Removed MSVC 2005 dependencies to fix "side by side configuration" errors
- Fixed all known unicode errors and removed unicode warning
- Fixed Angelscript caches not updating when include files are changed
- Fixed Awesomium keyboard input
- Removed last remaining ODE dependency
- Fixed shader preprocesser issue with baked imposters
- Fixed crash when loading a level that has no script
- Added main menu toggle to config file
- Added mouse sensitivity value to config file
- Progress on placeholder object spawn points and previews
- Completing a challenge level triggers level-end screen again
As you can see this update was mostly about fixing long-standing compatibility issues, as well as any bugs that might have been introduced during the extensive refactoring for alpha 195. This should clear the way for further gameplay progress!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas, and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.