October 26th, 2010
Here is what is new in Overgrowth in the 102nd weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Here are some of the latest highlights from the SVN repository.
- New material foley system with eight new material types
- Re-enabled post effects and post effect anti-aliasing on Mac
- Added Blender controls for joint limits and bone mass distribution
- Re-enabled ragdolls, testing ragdoll knockouts
- Terrain exports as obj and imports uv2 for uv relaxation
- Fixed arm and leg sync for placeholder run animation
- Perturbed terrain weight texture so pixels are less visible
- Lens flare compensates for gamma and screen size
- More optimizations