Here is what is new in Overgrowth in the 98th weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Here are some of the latest highlights from the SVN repository.
- Started on imposters (flat billboards that replace distant objects)
- Tested pixel morphing for imposters (probably not practical)
- Stippled cross-fade between LOD levels
- Ctrl-i to enable imposters for an object or group
- Imposters work with translucency maps
- Grouped imposters have unique low-res shadow maps