It has been a while now since I made my original modular building pieces for Overgrowth, and in that time of people using and testing the pieces, a couple of problems have surfaced (which I will talk about in a future blog post).
To combat these problems I started trying out some new techniques for buildings. Here are some of the first results of my new efforts in-engine!
Although I thought the old assets looked nice (and I am going to keep them around), I feel these look just as good, but are much larger, with good texel density and fewer polygons. Bigger building chunks mean less time spent on finicky details when you are placing them in the level, and also let you block-out the main areas for gameplay before dealing with any set-dressing details.