March 2nd, 2010
Here is what is new in Overgrowth in the 68th weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Here are a few highlights from the source repository:
- Added terrain patch frustum culling
- Re-enabled frustum culling for batched objects and decals
- Lots of engine cleanup and refactoring
- Added driver version and VRAM to hardware report
- Matt improved Mac compile times with precompiled headers
- Matt disabled Mac OpenGL error checking for increased speed
- Streamlined shaders to be more efficient
Who is Matt? We will introduce him soon!