Bonjour, from Lyon! We woke up extra early to bake this week's alpha for you guys! Luckily we were able to find a lone ethernet port to sneak onto and continue the weekly alpha tradition from France. The corporate ethernet is so fast here, that we might be able to update the alpha even more often as David rapidly develops the new detail texture system. :)
Wish us luck at Game Connection!
Here is what is new in Overgrowth in this weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Here are a few highlights from the source repository:
- More efficient pseudo-instancing
- Shadowmap atlas
- Mac transparency fix
- Improved shader #include and error reporting
- Hooked up shadow buttons in the ribbon
- Added initial terrain detail texturing
- Should work again on case sensitive hard drives
- Bug fixes