Here is what is new in Overgrowth in this weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Aubrey has committed a bunch of new art this week, and I've included all of that in the alpha.
Here are a few highlights from the source repository:
- Added billboards for hotspots
- Decal editor improvements
- Some fixes to the alpha menu
- New OS X style tooltips
- Improved sound scripting (can control volume, pitch, and position now)
- Fixed keypresses going to console
- Decal lighting and shadowing
- Bug fixes
Here is a scene from the new alpha (load DogTomb.xml to check it out)