February 13th, 2017
Here is the new Overgrowth Beta video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our beta (such as the one in the video), and chat with other people in early access in the Secret Preorder Forum by purchasing Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow us on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows:
- Major overhaul of editor, new GUI system, swapped out ribbon for menu
- New scenegraph window
- Can now create new level from main menu
- New "open recent" menu
- New and greatly improved dialog editor
- New, much faster, better categorized object spawner
- Better numerical editing of parameters (object transforms, sun properties, etc)
- Performance window
- Better XML saving so better merging when multiple people work on one level
- Better hotload of some UI scripts
- First wolf encounter is now "frozen river" level in Lugaru campaign
- Wolves have more inertia, so move faster, but have worse cornering
- Removed "poke" attack from some swords
- Improved dog/rat differentiation
- Fixed some other combat exploits
- Blood decal merging/pooling
- Improved texture blending results by using height maps
- Switched from NVTT texture compression to Crunch (better quality for same size)
- More eye candy in first Lugaru village (foliage/lake)
- Fixed broken GUI on OSX Sierra
- Performance improved significantly on OSX + Intel, and some other machines
- Fix several flickering squares glitches
- Fix glitch where characters "ran away" to edge of map
- Lots of other bug fixes
These are just a few of the changes in this beta; you can find the full change log here.
Note for MacOS users: We have seen some memory leaks that cause crashes after playing through a good chunk of the Lugaru campaign. We are working on a fix, and will provide a hotfix when it is done!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by purchasing an early access copy of Overgrowth!