December 14th, 2016
Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow us on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows:
- Lugaru campaign is now playable
- Disarm with judo throw
- Pull out thrown knives to finish off enemy
- Wolves are only vulnerable to weapons and jump kicks
- Metal armor, only in Lugaru campaign right now
- Knockout shield to keep characters from dying in one hit
- Staff weapon properly implemented
- Screen effects to signal damage and health
- Slow motion when defeating last active enemy
- Improved AI
- Can now add fog to levels
- Improved weapon sticking in characters
- Snow shader
- Improved lava shader
- Performance improved
- Lots of bug fixes
These are just a few of the changes in this alpha; you can find the full change log here.
Note for MacOS Sierra users: The settings menu and editor GUI are not working as intended right now, but we are working on a fix and will release a hotfix once it’s done!
A few years ago we released the source code Overgrowth's predecessor, Lugaru. Now the data is available under the same license! Check out the OSS Lugaru HD website for more information. They just released version 1.1 of the open source Lugaru to celebrate the new campaign in Overgrowth, check the release notes and downloads here.
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!