Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow us on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- All arena levels updated with kill hotspots and invisible walls where needed
- Removed pauses between fights in arena mode
- The stats displayed at the end of each arena round is gone for now and will be back in the next version
- The arena mode with the story and map is removed, read more about this decision in this blog post
- Prettier water in waterfall arena
- Prettier rendering for characters and the environment
- Reflection probes can now be added to levels for more accurate reflections.
- There are now three graphics presets to choose from
- Light probes can be turned on and off in the graphics settings
- Prettier fire
- Added light flash for metal sparks and eye lightning (F in editor mode)
- Low detail shadows use a less noisy shadow filtering method
- There is now a tutorial accessible from the main menu
- If you start a level from anywhere but the editor menu, you now can't use debug keys or enter editor mode
- Pressing escape now pauses the game
- Versus mode is now available from main menu
- Terrain and nav mesh cache files are now included in the game for much improved initial load times
- Editor now shows the name of the selected object
- The credits button on the main menu works now
- Camera safe zones in dialogue editor fixed
- Placeholder music from Lugaru in main menu
- Removed some broken test levels
- Added --disable-rendering startup flag
- Mods can now specify if the game needs to be restarted for the game to function (see example usage in the example mod that is shipped with the game)
- Loads of bug fixes
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!