May 20th, 2016
Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow us on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- New main menu using the new GUI system
- Put old main menu behind the editor button on the new main menu
- Improved arena mode menu
- Continued work on “slave” campaign
- World map now works
- Added back button to map page
- Made esc a general back button in menus
- Removed access to contender and fighter campaigns
- Added descriptions on hover for states on endgame menu
- Back button icon and text now light up together
- Ambient occlusion from characters
- New motion blur that works on everything
- Removed old weapon motion blur
- New bloom blending method (thanks to suggestion from Abecederia)
- Lit particles now receive shadows
- Lit particles are now lit by point lights
- Default position for editor camera is now at movement object (character) 0
- Fix level paths to always accept both long and short paths
- Bug fixes in GUI system
- Other bug fixes and improvements
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!