November 8th, 2015
Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- New arena mode
- Major optimizations like instancing and z-prepass
- Option for simplified shadow rendering to greatly improve performance on slower GPU
- Can enable and disable mods from different folders, instead of having to overwrite game data
- Post processing including color grading and HDR bloom
- Global illumination through tetrahedral light probe mesh
- Updated renderer from OpenGL 2.2 to 3.2 core
- Script improvements (dictionary support, script fragments, etc)
- Fixed arena crash bug (usually when a level ends in which weapons were used)
- Command line flags to load specific levels or alter config
A more comprehensive changelog can be found here
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!