August 13th, 2014
Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- AI characters can be set to follow other characters
- AI investigates dead bodies
- New wolf variant with tintable colors
- Changed scale of different characters (rats are small, dogs are big)
- Player can attack unconscious characters
- Hotspots have update function, testing particle emitter volumes
- AI makes a sound when alerted or hostile
- AI transitions more slowly to 'investigate' state
- AI takes longer to notice visible enemies
- Characters keep track of what items they know about
- Automatically swap weapons to dominant hand
- More natural combat crouch stance movement
- Combat AI targets closest enemy
- AI does not roll to standing between arena rounds
- Reasonable maximum arena difficulty (no more black blobs)
- Non-rabbits cannot jump very high
- AI only runs for help from allies that they know about
- Fixed blood streaks stretching too far
- Fixed performance bottleneck when there are many weapons
- Updated vertex weights for all characters
- New weapon animations for attacking low
- More robust ledge grab/detection system
- Characters drop large weapons when grabbing edges
- More controlled AI sound detection
- Fixed "#version 130" shader compatibility issue
- Prompt if user wants to save changes to levels on quit
- Fixed "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod" shader compatibility issue
- testing dithered cascade shadow filtering
- fixed partial rendering of graphics setting screen
- fixed problems with blood decal lighting and tinting
- better control of AI character rotation
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!