June 7th, 2014
Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Added cats and rats
- Arena preloads all necessary files (no stuttering from file I/O)
- finer jump velocity control
- dynamic character cubemap test (radiosity/reflection)
- rendering uses cubemap mip levels for blur
- enemies only try to pick up weapons in combat
- improved animation when rolling off of edges
- experimenting with triangle mesh subtraction
- one-way physics collision (so camera/character can't get stuck)
- Seamless cube map filtering and blurring
- Removed intel GPU warning
- Improved gamma correction compatibility
- Added debug options to disable animation features
- Improved dialogue text positioning
- Fixed dialogue camera preview
- Fixed split screen rendering
- Objectives and achievements are now stored in level parameters
- Improved wind effect on ears
- Fixed "GL_prefix reserved" error
- Controllers can be plugged and unplugged while game is running
- Automatically recognize common controller input (via SDL game controller db)
- Updated SDL to 2.0.3 (fixes some controller and windowing issues)
- New mesh simplification algorithm for character LOD
- Improved running bounce animation
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!