November 14th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate some new hotspot features and show some Linux progress.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Separated hotspot scripts from level script
- Added 'displaytext' so hotspots can display messages
- Changed hotspot collision to work precisely with bounding box
- Fixed missing steam app id in installer
- Progress towards Linux alpha
- Script GUI windows fade in and out smoothly
- Awesomium views only display after texture is processed (no garbage)
- Fixed projected shadows on surfaces without baked shadows
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!