Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate split screen, improved AI, and other new features.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Splitscreen for local multiplayer
- Windows crashes write out minidump files for debugging
- Some angelscript error messages display call stack
- Added logfile.txt output
- Cloth foley sounds for choke animation
- Fixed initialization error that could cause slowdowns
- Better pathfinding AI during circle-strafe
- Tethering ends when hit
- Fix for occasional inverted detail map normals
- Fix for rare Mac crash caused by VRAM query
- Fix for grabbing mouse when window does not have focus
- Loading screen uses default system cursor
- Enemies don't use fighting stance movement when not hostile
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!