Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate some new block, dodge and throw-escape mechanics.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Can active block during hit reactions to break combos
- Faster attack or throw following active block
- Smoother throw transition
- Escape throws by holding grab while being thrown
- Attack feints by holding grab during attack
- Added weapon grab sound
- Enemies can pick up and use weapons
- Dodge by tapping movement key while being attacked
- Slower windup for huge sword attacks
- Character script can query level script
- Level end dialog gets focus
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!