Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate new AI features and cascaded shadow maps.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Mobility bones
- Mobility bones for attacks, throw, climb
- AI goal states
- AI can run for help
- AI can use counter-throw
- AI can roll out of ragdoll
- Testing cascaded shadow maps (toggle with baked_shadows in config.txt)
- Better target priorities
- Smoother, faster climb transitions
- Generic gui can call angelscript callbacks
- Getting hit while rolling causes ragdoll
- Fixed a layering bug that caused twitchy ragdolls sometimes
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!