July 19th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate new scripting features and some graphical tweaks.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Detail object layer tags saved with level xml
- Added 'double-sided' flag to objects
- Fix for imposter stipple transition
- Added generic GUI with Angelscript interface
- Added level.as for full-level scripting
- Improved ReadCharacter Angelscript functions
- Moved music selection and victory check to level script
- Improved self-shadowing with slight blur
- Fixed shadow swimming by locking shadow movement to texel increments
- Script globals saved and restored when reloading scripts
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!