July 12th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate the new detail object features.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Testing new flesh cut sound
- Detail object batches using uniform arrays
- Grass frustum culling
- Wind effect in grass vertex shader
- Only nearby grass patches kept in RAM
- Detail objects specified in level xml
- Automatically adapt grass system to different grass models
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!