Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate some new weapon features, including spear attacks and motion blur.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Merging shadow decals
- Optimized spawner with added icons
- Weapons can catch shadows
- Added spear attacks and stances
- Glaive uses spear slashes
- Testing some new ambient sounds (especially on dead volcano)
- Added motion blur to weapons
- Added distinction between light and heavy cuts
- Added cut lines (like cut planes but for stabbing)
- Characters revert to un-mirrored stance after moving
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!