Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate the new features that let the AI see and hear the player.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- AI characters only notice targets within their field of view
- AI characters cannot see through walls
- AI characters are alerted by sounds
- AI characters keep an internal guess of where the target is when out of sight
- Fixed "Movement id -1 not found" error
- More efficient and accurate loading, copying and pasting
- Actor-waypoint connections are invisible in gameplay mode
- Fixed some problems loading decals from level files
- Copied objects get unique IDs
- Fixed some physics update problems, especially for groups
- Weapons use hard-spec shader even when not used as physics items
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!