October 5th, 2010
Here is what is new in Overgrowth in the 99th weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Here are some of the latest highlights from the SVN repository.
- Finished group imposters for now (see blog post)
- Automatic animation mirroring (e.g. so a left wallrun can use a mirrored right wallrun animation)
- Ctrl-shift-a to select similar groups (e.g. to select all trees)
- Ctrl-shift-I to disable imposters for selected groups
- Better texture packing of non-square textures
- Cursor caches texture references (more efficient)