Here is what is new in Overgrowth in the 101st weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Here are some of the latest highlights from the SVN repository. This week David was focused on optimization.
- Vertex cache optimization ( using this algorithm )
- Merged redundant model vertices
- Faster and more accurate lens flare using hardware occlusion query
- Fixed bug where Mac alpha could crash if you tab out and back in
- Anisotropy and anti-aliasing disabled by default
- Reduced unused Awesomium views and deleted views when hidden
- More efficient terrain rendering
- Shadow maps and imposters are saved to write directory
- Three new levels selectable from the main menu