Sometimes we get a little spoiled because almost everyone that visits us on the blog, the forums, IRC and meebo already knows that Overgrowth is a ninja rabbit fighting game inheriting the spirit of David's original game Lugaru. However, we've come to realize, that when our media hits more mainstream channels, people don't really know what to make of Overgrowth. The confusion is most visible on our GameTrailers profile where the comments on our videos seem to be split between "Overgrowth is awesome!" and "What the hell is this?".
One great way to convey the essence of Overgrowth to people who haven't heard of it before might be to regularly lodge a tagline underneath the Overgrowth logo. Here are some likely candidates (followed by some less likely ones):
- Overgrowth: The Ninja Rabbit Fighting Game
- Overgrowth: That Ninja Rabbit Fighting Game
- Overgrowth: Ninja Rabbit Combat
- Overgrowth: The Rabbit Warrior
- Overgrowth: Long Ears, Short Temper
- Overgrowth: Cottontail, Iron Will
- Overgrowth: Whale Man Approved
- Overgrowth: There's nothing funny about this bunny.
- Overgrowth: Hippity Hop Meets Karate Chop
If I learned anything at GDC it's that the phrase "action adventure fighting game" sounds boring and generic while the phrase "ninja rabbit fighting game" is unique and makes people want to know more.
What tagline do you think might work best for Overgrowth? Are there any good ones I haven't mentioned? In what other ways could we make Overgrowth more accessible to people who are bumping into our media for the first time?