November 27th, 2014
Here is the new Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- AI scripts are more optimized to support more simultaneous characters
- Ragdoll physics are more accurate and more efficient
- Moved all inverse kinematics and local physics animation from engine to script
- Improved chase AI
- No disqualification for arena overkill
- Updated weapon attachments for challenges since AI no longer grabs weapons in patrol
- Increased enemy sight distance
- Cat movement is much quieter
- Improved animation retargeting
- Changed unconscious ragdolls to be more limp
- Characters drop combat stance when enemy is unseen or otherwise not a threat
- Character loading works even if simplification fails
- Enemies are alerted by collision
- Debug keys can be toggled in settings
- Improved leg IK to handle foot orientation and hip movement
- Improved tail physics and tail collision with world geometry
- Calibrated eye morphs so they can look at precise points in space
- improved ear physics, ear collision, and idle ear rotation
- better gravity on roll animation
- new walk and sneak animations
- fixed Mac text rendering
- improved vertex bone weights for all characters
- breathing animation
- new idle behavior and weight shifting
- Added seamless cubemap toggle (to fix visible lines on some GPUs)
- Softened wolf fur normals
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!