May 28th, 2012
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video!
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Initial native Linux support
- Fixed some animation problems
- Terrain preprocessing uses much less RAM
- Fixed problem with hotspot script loading
- Changed Mac write directory from "Lugaru 2" to "Overgrowth"
- Changed Linux write directory to $XDG_DATA_HOME/Overgrowth/ with fallback to ~/.local/share/Overgrowth/
- Bypassable error message for case-incorrect paths
- Fixed segfault on Linux on fall recovery
- Temporarily disabled character LOD on Linux to fix 'stretching' artifacts
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!