November 28th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate character parameters and teammate separation.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Scripts can read string params as float or int
- Characters can have parameters
- Added some character parameters: aggression, block skill, block followup, damage resistance, attack speed and movement speed
- Character scripts can control animation speed
- Web views consume keyboard events if they have keyboard focus, e.g. typing WASD into a text field doesn't cause the camera to move
- Enemy AI directly queries the animation for appropriate block timing
- Enemies avoid each other more effectively
- More efficient dynamic shadow decals, using the base model vbo instead of constructing a new cropped vertex array
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!