October 31st, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate new features such as weight maps to control detail objects density.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Added weight maps to control detail objects density
- Enabled object mirroring
- Changed how models are stored in memory for better stability
- Unified quit path for nicer cleanup
- Cleaned up detailmap4 shader
- Testing out shader macros
- Added warning message when using Intel GPU
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!