September 27th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate controller support and some very early, experimental local multiplayer.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Controller input using SDL_Joystick
- XInput path for Windows 360 controller input
- Changed config key binding system to be more flexible
- Improved procedural stance animation
- Improved AI patrol pathfinding
- Bullet uses single-sided collision again (fixes objects getting stuck in the ground)
- Added initial auto-camera option (in config.txt)
- Joystick can control second playable character if there is one
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!