June 7th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate some new blood effects and movement features.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Cut planes for blood drip from sword strikes
- Softer blood splat lighting
- Blood is shadowed properly by environment
- Blood drips can collide with character hulls
- Convex hull shapes for character collision
- Smoother transition into ragdoll
- Sine wave modulation for flail strength
- Don't auto-wake if falling above a speed threshold
- Initial climb animation
- Low thrust punch and haymaker variations
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!