Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate the new soccer kick, low attack variations, voice pitch shifting, and several other features.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Smoother movement around ledge corners
- Fall off ledges when there is no good grip or when ground is too close
- Smoother rotation interpolation into ledge grab
- More accurate collision ellipsoids while moving and flipping
- Vertical camera collision check e.g. for jumping into a ceiling
- Fixed problem with impacts to ragdolled enemies
- New flail fall animation
- 'V' plays falling scream instead of taunt
- Attached sounds follow ragdolls as well as kinematic characters
- Added new rabbit voice set as well as Lugaru voice set
- Added voice pitch shift in character xml file
- Added wood material to all objects that are made of wood
- Low modifiers for attack animations when opponent is lower
- Added soccer kick for attacking ragdolls
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!