May 24th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate some new ledge climbing features, as well as some special requests.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Added one-handed climb for extra reach
- Smooth transition into ledge grab
- Better arm IK on uneven ledges
- Added instructions to default.txt file
- Added flail while falling at dangerous speeds
- Added snow level to alpha level select screen
- More robust character collision response -- no more 'launching'
- Fixed cylinder debug drawing
- Fixed weapon stance twitching
- Fixed low-res skyboxes in the alpha
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!