April 12th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I demonstrate the new animations for standing up from a fall, as well as some new ways to accidentally knock yourself out.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Initial standing up animations (from ragdoll)
- Added falling damage in ragdoll and non-ragdoll modes
- Added character rotation in editor
- Smooth morph target interpolation
- Added new ragdoll sounds
- Better active ragdolls in tight spaces
- Fixed Mac crash on quit
- Fixed decal copy-paste and grouping
- Can no longer 'win' if there are no enemies in the level
- AI only investigates noises caused by the player
- Fixed visibility check when visibility rays are enabled
- Added ice footstep sounds
- Config.txt saved to write dir instead of program dir
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!