June 28th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha video! This week I show some control changes, animation features and decal tinting.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth. If you'd like to see real-time news about Overgrowth, you can follow me on Twitter at @wolfire.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (as well as some that didn't make it into the video):
- Subpixel stippling for smoother motion blur on new graphics cards
- Decal color tinting
- Keyboard keys to pick up and drop weapons
- Can only throw after active block
- Improved head look
- Improved weapon stance animation modifiers
- Improved stab lines
- Fixed bug with texture conversion
- Fixed sliding bug when switching characters in ragdoll mode
- Fixed "movement object -1 not found" bug
- Softened weapon whoosh sounds while equipped
- Disabled grabbing or holding weapons while unconscious
- Fixed problem with switching characters while holding weapons
- Fixed 'superjump' problem when moving up steep slopes
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!