May 25th, 2009
Here is what is new in Overgrowth in this weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Here are a few highlights from the source repository:
- Lots of decal fixes and improvements
- Displays key presses to debug foreign keyboards
- Cleaning up and formalizing creation and removal of entities, grouping, and undo/redo
- Combining various editor modes into an omni editor
- Some decal editor and billboard improvements
- Text editor UI
- Item browser UI
- Initial, janky animation editor UI
- Optimized console a bit
- Bug fixes
Here is a scene from Aubrey's DogTomb.xml that I added in a27.