Here is what is new in Overgrowth in this weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
Aubrey has committed a bunch of new art this week, and I've included all of that in the alpha.
Here's a few highlights from the source repository:
- WebKitten tweaks
- Added placeholder 'fail whale' models and textures for when files are missing
- Hotspots can now be moved, transformed, and deleted
- Added graphical hotspot browser
- Starting work on decals editor
- Improved ragdolls
- Started hooking up ragdolls to Rabbot
- Bug fixes
Matto1990 has teamed up with Jo-shadow and has made an Adobe Air downloader app that automatically installs and manages all of the mods (view thread). This is really hot and we be posting about this soon. There are rumors of a new version coming very soon.