Here is what is new in Overgrowth in this weekly alpha. If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ. Basically, we are developing a massive video game from the ground up -- we are able to do this completely independently by accepting preorders for the game before it's done!
We have a pretty exciting alpha this week. Sorry I didn't get a chance to blog about WebKitten last week, I will try to let you guys know what it is this week. :)
Here's a few highlights from the source repository:
- Initial ragdoll physics
- Initial pathfinding AI
- Shove sound effects
- Post processing effects (post 1, post 2)
- Better uphill movement
- Added text display to scripting
- Overhauled transformation system (map editor)
- New undo/redo system in progress (map editor)
- More modular editor hierarchy in progress (map editor)
- Bug fixes
Matto1990 has teamed up with Jo-shadow and has made an Adobe Air downloader app that automatically installs and manages all of the mods (view thread). This is really hot and we be posting about this soon.