Here is what is new in Overgrowth this week. I am pretty excited about this alpha. There's some cool stuff we had a chance to blog about and some new stuff I will be announcing in this post.
If you are confused what a weekly alpha is, or even what Overgrowth is, please read our fancy FAQ.
Aubrey has been making a bunch of weapons and working on a lot of art. As promised last week, I have included all of the dog weapons. I've also added some new secret art assets which we will display on the blog soon, so you guys can make your maps even cooler.
On the code front, here are a few highlights from SVN:
- Physics has been hooked up. Press 'b' to drop a box from the camera and watch it roll down a hill or whatever. Right click it to manipulate it.
- The sounds engine has been hooked up. David added wind sounds as a demo.
- Mirror tool now works with snaps.
- New free rotation scheme.
- Groups now have their own bounding box editors.
- Fancy new console.
- A number of bug fixes.
Hale from the Secret Preorder Forum has made an epic map. I added a teaser that fans of our Facebook Page can see. We will be blogging about that in much more detail later. It is a really exciting turning point for Overgrowth, in my opinion, and deserves a lot of attention.